Sunday 24 April 2011

Texturing

Originally I was meant to UV map the characters , Howver I was caught up with many other aspects of the projetc and didn't have time, In the end Tara stepped in and UV mapped the characters.

I painted the textures on photosphop and originally I was trying to make the marmot appear realistic, but in the end went for a far more simple look. The simple style suited our film more. 

 I was using various brushed to try and recreate fur, the effects were looking strong, but the style did not fit in with our film.



 Tara had created the rough effect of fur on this, I then re worked it adding a contrast of light and dark adding slightly more depth to the marmot.



I then applied a filter on potoshop which gave an intersting effect and we ended up keeping this as the final texture.

.............................................................................................................................................


Here is the process of how I ended up making the final texture for the man, I wanted it to match my original Concept.

End result of man Texture.

I was pleased with the cartoony look, I would have liked slightly more detail, but the priority now was on the animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment